Get a Card

Temporary Library Card Services

Berwyn residents - Need a library card to use Streaming or Curbside? Click here for a temporary card number.

Questions? Email or call 708-795-8000 ext. 0.


Standard Library Card Services

Every Berwyn resident is encouraged to obtain a current Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) card. For applicants who are minors and who cannot present a high school ID, a parent or legal guardian must be present to accept responsibility for the minor’s account.

Applicant must verify identity and residency by choosing one option from each column below:

Photo ID

A) Present government issued photo ID

  • Must show responsible party’s name
  • May be either State or Federal
  • Matricula card accepted

B) Present high school issued photo ID

  • Must show responsible party’s name
  • Must be valid for the current school year


A) Show one:

  • Current lease or mortgage statement
  • Utility bill, revolving account, or bank statement issued within past 30 days in paper or electronic format
  • Official first class mail postmarked within past 30 days – Items marked “Or Current Resident” are not acceptable
  • Current car registration or auto insurance

If you don't have a document from the residence column, you may verify residency by having the library card mailed to you (no PO Boxes).  For information on updating your account or replacing a lost or stolen card, please read the full Circulation Policy here.

Library Card Renewal

To renew your library card, simply bring in your current card and a photo ID from the column above to the Circulation desk. If you no longer have your library card, we will need to see a photo ID and a proof of residence document (one option from each column above) to print you a new one. To renew a child's card, a parent or legal guardian's photo ID is required.